Naurujooga (lapsille ja aikuisille, työpaikoillekin!)
Laughter Yoga is a very unique method that enables anyone to laugh for 'no reason'.
By following laughter exercises as in 'faking it until you make it', the fake laughter soon turns into a real laughter, bringing many health benefits with it. The yogic deep belly breathing gives it the name 'Laughter Yoga' but it also goes with other names such as 'Laughter Wellness' and 'Laughter Therapy'.
The benefits of Laughter Yoga (LY) are numerous in all areas of life:
1) Health Benefits
- helps maintain in good overall health: LY strengthens the immune system so that one doesn't fall ill that easily - a great cardio workout, as 10 minutes of laughing equals 30 minutes on a rowing machine - increases blood circulation - relaxes the muscles - guards against depression as the oxygenated brain creates and releases more endorphins; the happy hormones of the body - reduces blood pressure / tension - reduces physical, mental and emotional stress
The benefits can be felt from the first Laughter Yoga session.
2) Benefits on Personal Life
- the release of endorphins uplifts the mood - the good mood effect tends to last even 24 hrs after the session - the more you practice, the more easier it gets to laugh - the easier it gets to laugh, the more positive an outlook on life - learning to keep a positive outlook helps to deal with any challenges we might face in life
3) Benefits on Business Life
- reduces stress in the work place - increases productivity by oxygenating the body and the brain - energizes - increases stamina - increases creativity - boosts the immune system leading to fewer sickness days - group LY at a workplace increases team spirit
4) Benefits on Social Life
- laughter connects people - helps to find new and to strengthen existing relationships - Laughter Clubs (such as the Geneva Laughter Club http://www.facebook.com/genevalaughterclub) help to develop emotional security in a safe environment